Making the most of your time at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln happens inside and outside of the classroom.
Getting involved on and off campus is an important way to connect with and build a community of people with similar interests. You'll also build your resume by adding to and improving your skillset.
Explore the opportunities below—among more than 500 on campus—to become better connected here, improve your overall success in college, and discover your passion and strengths.
- AnthroGroup connects students to job and internship opportunities, lectures, anthropologists, and other activities. They publish the Nebraska Anthropologist and meet regularly throughout the year. Please contact Kat Krutak-Bickert at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Summer field school, offered annually, teaches archaeological skills and field techniques. Topics vary based on the faculty leader.
- Geography Student Organization is a group of undergraduate and graduate geography students dedicated to professional development and community service.
- Geography Awareness Week is an annual event in November sponsored by geography students that includes a Geography Bowl.
- Gamma Theta Upsilon is an international honor society in geography. Alpha Phi is the chapter at Nebraska.
Organizations for regional specializations
- Africa and Middle East:
African Student Association
Afrikan Peoples Union
Iranian Student Organization (IRSO)
Omani Student Association
Turkish Student Association (TSA)
Saudi Student Organization
Yazidi Cultural Center
- Asia and Eurasia:
Asian Community and Cultural Center
Asian World Alliance
Global Friends of Japan
Malaysian Students Association
Sigma Psi Zeta - Xi Chapter
South Asian Student Association
Taiwanese Student Association
German Conversation Table/German Club
Czech Komensky Club
Organizations for thematic specializations
- Identity, Culture, and Society:
Jewish Student Association (Hillel)
Lincoln Chinese Cultural Association
Muslim Student Association
OASIS Peer Mentors
- Global Development and Service:
Lutheran Family Services of Nebraska
Legal Aid of Nebraska
Malone Community Center
Nebraska Civic Engagement Table
- Global Security and Foreign Policy:
Federal Pathways Program
UNL Model United Nations
National Security Club
U.S. Department of State Internship Program
Washington D.C. Professional Enrichment Academy
National Geospatial Intelligence Agency
Virtual Student Foreign Service (VSFS)
- Human Rights:
ACLU of Nebraska
Collective Impact Lincoln
International Justice Mission
Legal Aid of Nebraska
- Global Resources and Environment:
Agricultural Communicators of Tomorrow
Global Agricultural Club
Geography Student Organization
International Association of Students in Agricultural and Related Sciences
Latino Heritage Internship Program
National Science Foundation Summer Scholars Internship Program
- Innocents Society is the Chancellor’s senior honorary society, leading the campus in all aspects and promoting school spirit since 1903.
- Mortar Board honor society is an association of individuals selected for distinguished ability and achievement in scholarship, leadership and service.
- Omicron Delta Kappa is a national leadership honor society that has initiated more than 300,000 members since its founding in 1914.
Model United Nations
- Model United Nations is a student-facilitated simulation of the United Nations. In an increasingly globalized and interdependent world, MUN provides students with a unique look into the structures of the United Nations as well as an unparalleled horizon-broadening experience.